You can compose a social post from anywhere within SMURKE Social Media Management
2. Select the accounts you wish to post to under the Post to heading.
3. Compose the post under the Content heading. This will be combined with the media uploaded in the next step when the post goes live. You can use the following to assist with your post:
SMURKE SMM allows you to attach images or a video* to the post. This also gives you access to the Pixabay media library–allowing you to find royalty-free images–as well as the ability to upload and select GIFs.
*Currently, attaching videos is supported for Facebook and Instagram.
The link icon allows you to shorten a link. This is useful when posting to social media sites (such as Twitter) that have strict character limits.
The RSS icon allows you to locate relevant content to share. This will include RSS feeds (a web feed that allows companies to post content in a standardized format) and content based on the business category and searches configured.You can configure content searches at any time using the Content option on the left-hand side of non-composer pages.
The emoji icon allows you to insert an emoji.
4. Upload an image or video by clicking on the Media section. You can also choose to paste or drag the file to this section. This file will go out with the post as though you were creating the post directly on the social media site.
Please note that an image is required if posting to Instagram.
Refer to our Image and Video Requirements for supported file formats, resolutions, and file sizes.
5. Choose when the post should go out by selecting an option under the Publish heading.
Selecting On Scheduled Date will require you to select a future date. The Post Now button will be updated to Schedule Post.
6. If posting to Google My Business, you can tweak the post by clicking on Google My Business options. Here, you'll have the following options:
Make this an event - Creates an event when posting to Google My Business. This is a great way to net a business free advertising as these posts will show up in Google searches.
Add a call to action - Allows you to direct users to a specific webpage, giving your clients fine-tuned control of where they'd like users to end up.
7. After confirming your post looks correct in the previews to the right, you have three options:
Post Now - If the publish date is set to immediate, this button will send the post out to each of the social networks you've selected.
Schedule Post - If the publish date is set to go out on a scheduled date, this will schedule the post for that time.
Save Draft - Allows you to save the post as a draft. This is useful if you'd like to come back to it later. You can view draft posts at any time under My Posts > Drafts.
While not all social networks are designed with strict character limits like Twitter, it's important for posts to be of a readable length.
When posting to multiple networks, the Social Marketing Composer will limit your post according to the network with the lowest limit. The character count of your post is tracked above the Content box in the Composer.